Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Prepared Dwelling for My God

I am to be a temple of God. His Spirit is to dwell in me! Have I got that dwelling ready? Am I able?
The answer is no. Even for His Spirit to dwell in me I must ask for His help.

In The Valley of Vision on page six is a prayer listing what must be done:

My thoughts of my own self-worth must be destroyed. I am nothing on my own. I have proven my character over and over again. I am a sinner.

My pride which makes me to think more highly of myself than any creature on earth or in heaven, including God Almighty, must be crushed to pieces and scattered to the winds. Whenever I put what I desire over and above God's plans for me or put my own interests above the interests of others I have decided I was more worthy.

Self-righteousness which pursues me and which I pursue time and again must be annihilated. Even as I desire to please God, the roots of self-righteousness become entangled in the good I wish to do. The next thing I know I am taking credit for doing good or defending my inability to do so instead of pursuing the God of the Universe, My Savior.

Tears of grief must fill my eyes as I see the sin, rebellion, and arrogance that have been manifested in my life instead of the glory of God.

I must be broken, willing and submissive to follow and fight for the life God has given me in Christ. Repentantly, expectantly looking to Christ for forgiveness and grace.

Convince me that I cannot be my own god, or make myself happy, nor my own Christ to restore my joy, nor my own Spirit to teach, guide, rule me.

No comments:

Post a Comment